Friday, January 24, 2014

Cardinal in the Snow

Cardinal in the Snow by linfrye .
Cardinal in the Snow, a photo by linfrye . on Flickr.

Finally -- another dusting of snow! This time the half inch sitting in the fields and roads comes with a second Arctic blast that has delayed or closed schools and businesses. Though the sun is not up yet, I can see the ice formed on my steps and my property covered in a shallow blanket of white.

Despite all the inconveniences this snow/ice will cause, I am thrilled to see it.

3 comments:

Melliott said...

I hope you are feeding that bird! I like this one--how the forest goes from dark at the bottom fading into the white of the snow/weather above. Nice!

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Lin - what a wonderful spot of color. Love to see the cardinals at the feeders. This year not very many...not sure why...have my theories! Glad you are making the best of the arctic blast. Take care and have a great week-end.

Lorraine said...

I've seen nothing but various black birds this winter. The darn things eat the cat food I put out for the ferals instead of their bird seed. Right now they are massed on the neighbor's front lawn; still partially snow covered. I can't imagine what they've found over there.

So your drop dead gorgeous painting is how I'd love to see my front yard LOL but all creatures need to eat, so..........

This one would be a perfect one to load to CafePress for next year's Christmas card. That touch of red sets it off perfectly -- black, white and a tiny bit of red - perfect!
Hugs,
Lorraine