Friday, November 01, 2013

Fall - We have Leaf COLOR!

Fall  - We have Leaf COLOR! by linfrye ..
Fall - We have Leaf COLOR!, a photo by linfrye .. on Flickr.

Fall - We have Leaf COLOR!







Older

10" x 13"
Arches 140#CP

We finally have leaf color!! SCARLETS, Purply reds, GOLDS, Yellows, Sunkissed Oranges -- even the oaks have turned that marvelous burnt sienna/crimson!! I have to admit that it's now dangerous for me to drive -- each turn of the road has produced such colorful vista that I either have to stop and take a photo or stop to just gasp! WOW!

We're due for thunderstorms and rain today, so we're out taking photos before the winds remove these beauties from the trees.

Hope your weekend is marvelous and filled with color!

5 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Lovely!!! Funny how one day there is no color and the next day it nearly smacks you in the face. I was in NJ overnight and driving home in the light rain early this afternoon the colors looked so gorgeous...of course I was on the highway. lol Enjoy the colors!

Lorraine said...

OH my goodness. This is your most beautiful painting yet. The colors and composition are extraordinary. I just can't get enough of it. I want to buy a huge house just so I can hand all your paintings or prints thereof in. Lin I am in awe. I know that the beautiful NC foliage was your inspiration but you outdid the real stuff many times over. Can you tell I love it!! For next year's calendar for sure!

And yes, here too, the last two days the color I feared had passed us by this year has come out in glorious reds, oranges, and brilliant yellows. Oh what a delight. I too have to be careful driving. I guess those two "frost" nights finally kick-started the riot of color.
Hugs of admiration,
Lorraine

Lorraine said...

I've just been gazing at this again and showed it to hubby who said WOW -- look at the control with those alcohol inks. Amazing.

I pointed out the reflections and the way the water rolls over unseen rocks underneath on the left. Incredible Lin.

I love it more each day. It has to be a Zazzle item.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Lin - your colors are breathtaking...I love the bluish green that you used. It immediately draws my eye into this lovely painting. Our colors alas are faded so I am glad to enjoy the brilliance of yours. Have a great day.

Unknown said...

loving the colors in this piece!