Friday, October 11, 2013

Evening Stream

Evening Stream by linfrye ..
Evening Stream, a photo by linfrye .. on Flickr.

Alcohol Ink
Yupo Paper

My experiments with alcohol ink are proving to be addictive (no pun intended!!! LOL) -- and I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying the fluidity, flow and spontaneous nature of this medium on yupo paper. In so many ways, doing these small abstract landscapes reminds me of my 'splash and splatter' technique where one really has to let go of 'control' and let the paint do the directing while we take a backseat and 'fine tune' as we can.

It's been a week of cold, rainy weather and though we've needed the rain, I've sure missed the sunshine. Still, the leaf color changes seem to be happening far faster with the cooler temperatures, and already there is leaf litter everywhere. I hope to catch more tree color on some car rides this weekend.

For those who've asked about alcohol ink process and information, I would highly recommend extensive searches on Youtube and Google as I am so new to the process I have a difficult time finding words to explain what I'm doing. I hope this changes as I become more familiar with results from my experiments, but in the meantime, there seems to be a lot of information already on the web that will do a far better job of explanation than I can right now.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

These really have such a wonderful richness to them!!! I will have to check out youtube when I get a chance.

We have had the threat of rain/showers the last few days and it has pretty much missed us and we need it. Not much color yet either. Knowing how things work it will probably get real windy and we will lose the leaves before they turn. lol Enjoy!!!

Lise Steenerson said...

This technique is amazing! Love the color and the flow
I need to learn this

Teri said...

Wowzers the colors are gorgeous.
I am making a stop at youtube for sure.Thanks.709Aledxctra

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Lin - the colors really seem much more vibrant...looks like such fun...have yupo paper now I need those alcohol inks (hope I don't get addicted. Love this landscape...very beautiful.