Friday, April 19, 2013

On a Street in Tuscany

On a Street in Tuscany by linfrye ..
On a Street in Tuscany, a photo by linfrye .. on Flickr.

12" x 16" Watercolor
Arches 140#CP

With so much tragedy lately, even the blossoms of spring seem a bit dulled by the shock and sadness of so much loss and concern.

Times like this, my thoughts return to happier moments. Here, I return to spring in Tuscany ... a quiet street, flowers in bloom, a remembered coffee and gelato, the sound of birds welcoming the season, the sun warm on my back as each doorway and ancient wall seems to glow in that incredible Italian sunlight.

For today, this dip into the past is enough to help recall the goodness in the world, the joy found in simple things, and people whose hearts are filled with love.

May there be peace ...

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh how lovely Lin -- so colorful yet I can just feel the calm and quiet in this painting. It is indeed peaceful. And the memories you shared even more so.

I drove to a friend's home in another town yesterday and took the scenic route instead of the interstate. What a nice thing to see all the green fields, the wild flowers, the trees leafing out -- a man fixing a fence and thinking: I'm glad that's not me! Simple pleasures on a beautiful sunny day.

We must find those peaceful moments when we can -- they are all too fleeting.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful painting and thoughts. They are very welcome today.
Hufs,
Lorraine

Joan Tavolott said...

How could a Tuscan door and wall not make you feel better! Lovely!!! I feel like I'm not getting out as much as I want. I have things to do before the trip. I am taking time to go with the NYC Urban Sketchers (and Susan) to the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens tomorrow. I'm hoping it doesn't shower.

Teri said...

Just beautiful Lin. I want to walk down that street.

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Lin - It is so important to make and keep good memories because they do help us when life's trials and tragedies come knocking. This is a beautiful painting. Must have been so wonderful to see it and paint it. Gorgeous colors and thanks so much for sharing.

Personalized Christmas ornaments said...

beautiful i like it.