Monday, April 08, 2013

Blue Anemone

Blue Anemone by linfrye ..
Blue Anemone, a photo by linfrye .. on Flickr.

11" x 14" Watercolor
Arches 140#CP

It's really beginning to feel like spring! Our temperatures have finally achieved a bit more 'normalcy' and we enjoyed a warm 71F yesterday with temps this week predicted to reach the 80s! Gorgeous, awesome weekend, and the warm weather, flower parade, and sunshine seemed to liberate everyone from their homes.

The Sertoma Art Show, in which I participated, showed over 42 artists and the reception was well attended. It was very heart warming to see friends and art appreciators there. The Art Center is located on Shelley Lake in Raleigh, and oh my was that area crowded! Kites were flying, folks were walking, riding, playing ball and Frisbee, and some adventuresome youngsters were even sloshing through the streams!

Everywhere flowers, trees, herbaceous plants, shrubs all seemed to welcome the season!

I hope spring reaches your part of the world and you have a chance to bask in it! Have a great week!

6 comments:

Lise Steenerson said...

I am blown away by this painting Lin!!!!

Joan Tavolott said...

Gorgeous!!! Did you do the center in wc or did you use ink. This is really so lovely!!!!

I am glad your show went well...sounds like a good day.

We had warm enough temps today to be outside in just a sweater...no winter coat!!! Tomorrow they say it should hit 78, but I think they are just teasing us. lol Enjoy!!

Aggie said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I found your blog a few months ago and really enjoy your style and wonderful rich colors. I've just started rediscovering watercolor and am intrigued. Have you posted in the past any info on your palette colors or brand(s)? If so, please point me to it. If not, may I ask what you use?

Teri said...

O....M....G...... Gorgeoulicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Lin - this is a luscious blue flower. My anemones tend to be purple and now you have went and done it...I need some blue ones (LOL) - sounds like you had a very inspiring week-end. So fun to be with other artists. Take care and have a great day.

Lorraine said...

WOW. Incredible. What a great "in your face" beauty -- so bold and just shouting spring! Terrific work Lin -- you continue to amaze me.
Hugs,
Lorraine