Monday, January 28, 2013

A Walk in the Sunrise and Snow

10" x 13" Watercolor
Arches 140#CP

No, our weekend of icy weather sure doesn't look like this; though I wish it did. Even with temps rising to the high 30sF, there are still patches of ice in the shaded areas and here and there on backroads.

But by Wednesday, even those hidden spots will be nothing but memories when our temperatures are predicted to reach mid 70sF .. yep -- mid 70sF after dipping in the 20sF for three days ... mercy, makes me dizzy riding this insane see-saw!!! LOL

Still, with warmer temps, we'll be able to get outdoors and get in a few more walks. The garden is quite a mess with all this temperature fluctuation, and those early bloomers sure didn't like the cold snap. Spring will be mighty interesting ...

Hope your week is terrific.

4 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

I love the warm glow you gave to this! Very nice!

It is still cold her with flakes falling, but it is expected that the temps will rise to about 50 by midweek. Enjoy!

Teri said...

I totally love this Lin. GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!!!!

Lorraine said...

Oh this is so wonderful Lin. I love it because the snow is so gorgeous; the sky and sun are perfect and I love how you've added the people!! BRAVO!

Hugs,
Lorraine

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Lin - now this is definitely a painting that gives me a sense of a place I want to go. Love the two figures you put in. So beautiful and dreamy. I know this weather is crazy. What are we going to do though - we have to ride the roller coaster! Have a great day friend.