Saturday, December 15, 2012

Daylilies - Take Two

10" x 13" Watercolor
Arches 140#CP

My thanks again for my friend, Beth, for allowing me to use her awesome capture (www.flickr.com/photos/74264119@N02/8228334508/in/photostream) to paint another version of these daylilies. In this version I wanted to soften the colors a bit but use the same paint palette and just 'hint' at the leaves. To me, it's a bit more of a botanical approach ... I have a few other approaches I'd like to try, but those will probably have to wait until after the holidays.

Thank you all for your most kind comments and notes about the birth of our newest grandson. Mom and Brayden are home now and doing well. Today we'll take Emily and Nick to meet their brother. It's an exciting time for our family, truly. And I thank you most sincerely for all your good wishes.

Prayers, especially now for those involved in the recent Connecticut tragedy .. most heartbreaking and senseless ... my heart goes out to all ...

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Absolutely lovely painting Lin. I love the colors and the detail and the softer "fading background." Can't decide which I like better -- they are both gorgeous.

Yes, a beautiful sunny day here yesterday out doing last minute holiday things.But last evening watching the news -- so very very sad. I know that town well; it's just 30 min. from two of my step-brothers in Danbury. And I had a college friend from there and have driven through it many times on my trips between VT and Wilton, CT. Also had a family friend I visited there years ago. Such a typical small New England town which will now bear a grief unimaginable to most of us.

WHEN will we come to grips with how serious even minor mental illnesses can be?

And yet there is new life in your family and we can find hope and joy in that.
Hugs and Love,
Lorraine

Joan Tavolott said...

Lovely daylilies!!!

Tragedies like yesterday make me want to hug family and friends and never let them go.