Sunday, November 18, 2012

Frosty Morning - Denis Collette

1/4 Sheet Mixed Media (gesso, watercolor, frosty ink)
Arches 140#CP

The late fall see-saw of weather changes are here -- today, for instance, was a mild 60F, but this morning -- a FROSTY 34F ... BRRR .... along with a covering of morning frost that rimmed the leaves, made the grass crunchy, and for the south, the look of a light snow. OHHHH, I am not ready! LOL

But knowing that these colder days are coming to stay, I was truly inspired by Denis Collette's recent capture of a frosty morning in his woodlands. I was so taken by his photo, I painted this interpretation, and thank Denis most sincerely for allowing me to post it here. Please stop by Denis' flickr stream
www.flickr.com/photos/deniscollette/8170679405/ to enjoy a rich array of poetic images of a homeland that he clearly loves. Once again, blessings, Denis!!!

With Thanksgiving this week, we are busy preparing for the holiday as we'll be hosting the dinner this year. Afterwards, my son and daughter-in-law will make their annual 'Black Friday' trek to dozens of stores, malls, the discount houses, and wherever the sales take them. Meanwhile, we will be enjoying the grandchildren, and in exchange, my son will be doing a bit of holiday shopping for me, too ... personally, I think I got the better deal!! LOL

Stay warm ... the holidays and winter are fast approaching!

6 comments:

Lorraine said...

Ah so lovely. I love the dreamy look of the trees just visible through the mist and the snow on top of the brown grasses.
Another winner. Denis has inspired quite a few of your paintings so I applaud Denis too! He does have incredible photos from which you make beautiful paintings.

Ah, that's the deal, let the "kids" do the shopping for the grands! A good way to walk off that Thanksgiving feast.
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Joan Tavolott said...

This is gorgeous!!! You nailed the look of the frost.

It sounds like you did get the better deal. Being home with the grandkids instead of getting pushed around in a store is definitely better...much more civilized. Enjoy!

Aquarell said...

Wundervoll Lin. So zart;-)
Wünsche Dir eine schöne Woche.

Teri said...

A gorgeous frosty morning. And a gorgeous interpretation!!

Happy Thanksgiving Lin.

Sophia Khan said...

Hello Lin,

Great to meet you at Jean's workshop and to see all your new work. I love the colors and atmosphere in this one-very poetic.

Jane said...

How beautiful is this Lin, the color choices are just perfect to indicate the chill and the frost !