Saturday, September 15, 2012

Hibiscus - and a Thank YOU!

Hibiscus - and a Thank YOU! by linfrye
Hibiscus - and a Thank YOU!, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

10 1/4" x 14" Watercolor
Arches 140#CP

I painted this while visiting Doris...both of us drawing inspiration from her beautiful garden and the hibiscus blooming there. I tried for something a bit looser, a bit more splashy, and a bit less 'controlled.' It was so much fun working through experiments with a fellow artist! See Doris' hibiscus here:

I also wanted to take a moment to thank each of you for your incredible support -- and for your vote of confidence for the competition.

I was notified that I won 'The People's Choice' Award for 'The Long Barn" posted yesterday. I was joined at the artist reception by my dear husband and many of my wonderful friends who worked with me at the Arboretum, a fellow artist from Oxford, several friends from different Art Councils, and many talented artists.

From the bottom of my heart - a humble thank you to all of them .. and to you .. for encouraging and supporting me in my watercolor journey. A million blessings.

The weather these days could not be more idyllic - cool, foggy mornings followed by warm, not too hot, days, clear blue skies, fluffy clouds, and the trees and shrubs just losing their color. Here and there I am spotting yellow and even bits of red .. and it won't be long before the color-kaleiscope is it's full glory.

Let's get outside and enjoy this wonderful weather while we have it! Happy Weekend!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Love your splashy Hibiscus. That style just speaks to me like no other. And gorgeous colors!!

Oh I am SO excited that you won the People's Choice award for the long barn. I just knew it was special and am so glad that others recognized it too. Lin I am so happy for you. And hug Charles for me as I know he helped you with the matting and framing. BRAVO my dear friend. BRAVO!
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Congratulations on your win! So well deserved. I am so happy for you!
This paintings is AWESOME!!!

Joan Tavolott said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting...and well deserved!!!

This one is lovely...I really like the intensity of the color and those loose edges. Way to go!!