Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Spring on the River - a Wet in Wet Approach

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

Though today is overcast, gray and foggy, the warm weather, blossoming trees, shrubs and flowers are propelling me, albeit reluctantly, toward spring. I have to admit that my body longs for the winter rest it never got, but spring just won't wait.

It's been a wet week and so I've played a bit with a wet into wet approach for this painting. It's done partly from imagination and partly from remembered walks along the Eno River. I've kept it soft and dreamy - as my memory of it ....

It's been a busy week preparing for new garden plots, meetings and greenhouse activities. Somehow the forward momentum of seasons and obligations does not slow .... and the march of the flowers is well underway.

I think I'll linger in the pansies a while longer .... and take a little more time to inhale ...

2 comments:

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Lovely, soft and inviting. Beautiful painting.

cindyzlogic said...

Fresh, soft and beautiful, Lin!!