Monday, October 03, 2011

Fall Coming On After Papeix

Fall Coming On After Papeix  by linfrye
Fall Coming On After Papeix , a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

I'm still studying Papeix's work (http://sites.google.com/site/jcpapeix/) and attempting to blend the things I like about his wet in wet approach into my own ...

This painting is from a view of the fields I pass in rural Granville County. The trees haven't as yet turned as deep an orange - but with the cooler weather we are having this week, it won't be long. Already the cold nights have killed my tomato plants ---

Hard to believe it's already October .....

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Teri said...

So pretty, so autumn.

Joan Tavolott said...

Great colors and texturing in this!!! Nice job, Lin!

Lorraine said...

Love it Lin, especially the blue-green and rust colors. Nice touch with the old bit of fence.

We are starting to get a bit of color here but very rare.

Hugs,
Lorraine