Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fall Color

Fall Color  by linfrye
Fall Color , a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

This fall view is a bit lighter in real life than on my screen this morning - but the bright colors are definitely what I see around me. Fall color - is just about at its peak in piedmont North Carolina.

Our trip yesterday went beautifully well - a gloriously warm day, beautiful colors, historic buildings, jaw-dropping, unique trees to marvel and purchase, a terrific lunch --- really a nice way to end the tour season just as our temps change to winter-chilly and rain.

I'll be off line for several days...and will catch up as I can ...

Hope your weekend is filled with sun and color!!

6 comments:

Clare said...

Hi Lin, this is incredibly beautiful. I love the light dancing through the trees and the colour are superb.

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

What a gorgeous painting Lin... I love the colors the woods are on FIRE with the warm colors of Fall.

Lorraine said...

Brilliant glorious color and I love what you've done with the foreground also. I am in my mind right back in those NC brilliant lined roads from last Fall.

We are finally seeing the brilliant yellows, deep reds and in between oranges here now but rain for several days so hard to get out and enjoy it.

Big hugs and thanks for a day brightener!!
Lorraine

Joan Tavolott said...

This is glowing!!! Beautiful job on this. I am glad you havs such great color there, because it is fizzling out up here...no intense color at all and the leaves are falling quickly. Enjoy!

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Brilliant colors, Brilliant painting. Great job Lin.

All the best to you,
Joan

Teri said...

G O R G E O U S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!