Friday, October 21, 2011

Barn in Yellow Field

Barn in Yellow Field by linfrye
Barn in Yellow Field, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

The fields are still a bit yellow, though the cold nights have begun turning their golds to brown. Still, coming home yesterday - the brilliant colors, again due to the cold nights and recent rains, have intensified -- and the reds of the maples, and even some of the oaks - are taking their place among the golds and oranges. Here and there, a sugar maple will blaze against the turquoise - Carolina blue sky- in a fire-bright orange - and just about stop me in my travels!

I LOVE this time of year ...the harvests, the colors, the crispness, the scent of woodsmoke and the taste of apples ....

Enjoy the day ...! This glorious season won't last long enough ...

3 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Amazing job on the colors in this!!! I so enjoy seeing your work. Have a great day!

Teri said...

I just love your rural paintings With those wonderful barns and sheds.

Lorraine said...

Soft and serene. I can just hear the buzzing of the insects and feel the sun on my face! Love the colors and the quiet feel of it -- as if Fall is wearing it's brilliant colors to the last ball of the year!
Hugs,
Lorraine