Thursday, September 01, 2011

A Pair of Pairs for the Orchard! THANK YOU!

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

WE WON! WE WON!!!!

And as I sit here at 6:10 am in the morning, dawn not yet broken, and the announcement of the orchard winners ringing in my head (http://www.communitiestakeroot.com/Plant/Winner) - words fail me beyond -

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I cannot express just how much we all appreciate your voting, your support, and your help! Thank you -- from the bottom of my heart - and the hearts and souls of those hungry individuals who will benefit from this grant.

Our tentative planting date is November 8 -- if you are anywhere near Smithfield North Carolina and could join us for this community-wide celebration and planting - please let me know -- and join us --

This event and orchard could not have been done without YOU!

BLESS YOU! AND THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

3 comments:

Sunday Pickers Jam said...

Congratulations on the win. I know the community will benefit. Warn the Plant a row folks to be ready. They do a great service
charles

Also I like the pears

Lorraine said...

The pears are lovely and such a nice tribute to the new orchard. A big congratulations as I know how hard you worked, encouraging people and posting the links for us. Sending out daily reminders, etc.

And I know how much your group does for the hungry in your area. You deserve it and I'm so happy for you all.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Congrats!
The peRz Re beautiful. I like that bit of blue on the right side.