Thursday, September 15, 2011

Bananas and Apple - Returning Home!

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

We're heading home!!! Mike was released from the hospital yesterday, but must return next week to have his drainage tubes and stiches removed. He spent the night with his dad and will be driving to NC today. I left Charleston yesterday and arrived at work early afternoon and spent a good number of hours catching up and putting out fires -- but more than anything -- WE'RE ALMOST HOME!!

A million heart-felt thank you's for all your prayers and good wishes for my son. I am a true believer in the power of prayer and these have pulled him through another difficult, dangerous surgery. He will be home over a month as he more fully recovers.

This painting was finished in the hospital from a photograph I brought with me to keep me occupied during the long hours of sitting. But it also represents, to me, a bit of returning to normalcy - such as real food for Mike - and home-cooked meals for me! LOL

Again, my deepest gratitude to YOU ... and to our good Lord who keeps us all.

5 comments:

Teri said...

Wonderful news Lin. I am so happy for you all.

Joan Tavolott said...

Super news about Mike!!!! I am so glad that things are going well for him.

I love that you had your art to help you stay sane in the hospital.

Lorraine said...

I am so happy for you all that Mike's surgery went so well and that he seems to be healing so fast and so well. Although I'm sure he doesn't feel "back to normal" quite yet. And happy that you are back in your neck of the woods and hopefully headed for home tonight. It's been a long, exhausting, frustrating time, I know, but when those staples come out and Mike is released from care, we will all be celebrating with him.

Your painting is lovely, so realistic and so colorful reminding me that sometimes the simple things are best, especially when we haven't been able to have them for a time!
Big hugs,
Lorraine

christine McGrady said...

So happy for you that this trying time is over with and you can be home soon!

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

So good to hear about your son's progress and normalcy on your doorstep!!

The fruit looks like I can pick it off of my computer screen! Just wonderful!