Friday, August 12, 2011

Colorful Tuscany

Colorful Tuscany  by linfrye
Colorful Tuscany , a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

I'm still working with many of the wonderful ideas presented in Virgil Carter's class .... here, a typical Tuscan farm or vineyard treated with colorful warm colors against a cool mountain range - Tuscany, Sicily, Italy - home of my dreams. I hope to return once more - until then, I visit through my paintings.

I'll be heading out of town for several days and will be off line. It'll be a mighty busy time and I won't have much time to paint or have access to a computer - I'll check in as I can - and paint as often as time permits.

I hang my 60+ paintings today for the exhibit. I'll have to enjoy this showing once I get back. But we've worked feverishly to frame, mat, create signs and explanations of each piece, organize, and today, finally place on walls. I'll take photos!

Thank you too for your continued support and votes for the orchard. We're mighty close - with only 20 days or so until the competition is over and the winners announced!

PLEASE VOTE!
http://www.communitiestakeroot.com/Plant/Index/439?brand=0

I hope your weekend and week ahead are wonderful! And keep playing!

3 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

Love, love, love this one. The colors are a delight and the light.....


xoxo

Lorraine said...

Oh this is lovely Lin -- so filled with color and light -- just like I've always heard Italy is!! I can tell your heart is there -- you've captured it so beautifully, from the soft colors of the sky to the brilliance of the foliage/shrubbery. Gorgeous.

Still voting although today it was a challenge. That website tries to defeat me but I don't give up like I used to!!

I hope your show sells out to bare walls and brings you lots of cash and new fans!!!

Big hugs,
Lorraine

Melliott said...

Wow! Makes me want to go there.