Sunday, July 31, 2011

Plums - THANK YOU - RupaDee

Plums - THANK YOU - RupaDee by linfrye
Plums - THANK YOU - RupaDee, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

My thanks to Rupa Dee who kindly allowed me to paint from her wonderful capture of these plums! Please take a moment to visit her fabulous photos (http://www.flickr.com/photos/63848165@N08/)! THANk YOU Rupa Dee!

Our visit to the Farmers Market was fun and productive! Peaches, plums, tomatoes, beans, duck, buffalo meat, cheese, breads, pastries, flowers -- all were inspirational as well as a fabulous showcase of the season and the variety of farm products being grown locally! Truly amazing!

We had dinner out last night - a rare thing these days - and ate at a fabulous crab house --! Even more rare since we are several hours from the coast. We drove home through a ferocious storm -- rain, lightning that flashed like strobe lights, flooding! We had no power when we reached the house and went to bed with flashlights. The lights came on about 3 am this morning - funny how that simple turn from deep dark to light can wake you up! LOL

But we're so grateful to have had some rain! And hopefully we'll get a bit more today. I'll have to check the plants for wind damage from the storm -- but it's so good to feel WET!

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Beautiful botanical like painting Lin. Your shading and shaping are superb! YUM!!

I wore my beautiful cone flower shirt again yesterday and again got some lovely complimentary comments.

Wow; you make me hungry -- your farmer's market has way more to offer than ours -- but that's probably a good thing because I always overbuy.

We had storms yesterday too. About 5 minutes near my house and a good long drenching rain across town. Oh well, someone benefited and that's good. I was with friends sitting in a large screened gazebo and when the rain blew in it was like a fine cooling mist and it felt wonderful. They lost power on that end of town for several hours but it was still daylight.

Enjoy your day.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Claire M said...

Fabulous painting!! I love it and I love plums. Again tonight I find myself in the midst of making plum jam. Plum crazy!!

I also went to the Farmer's Market today. I love to get all of the fresh produce and I just wish I had time to sketch and paint some of them.

Katiejane said...

This painting is stunning! That's all I can say.

Teri said...

Just gorgeous Lin!