Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Blue Poppy

Blue Poppy by linfrye
Blue Poppy, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

1/4 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

In the blaze of summer temperatures and blinding sunlight, so many flowers in my garden respond in briliant colors of red, yellow and orange. But that same heat has me longing for things cooler and quieter. Blue flowers in a garden seem to quiet me down, cool me off a bit and give the eye a needed rest. While my garden doesn't sport blue poppies ... I find myself drawn to them in photographs and dreams ...

We are still in need of rain and the week's intense heat will hit us harder tomorrow through the weekend. I'll really begin dreaming of cool blues and water! LOL

Hope your day is terrific!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

I love those swirls of blue shades -- very artistic and capturing the movement of the petals. And yes, so cool and calming. Another new one to me -- blue poppies!!

I think we are all dreaming of cooler temps right now. Yesterday was very very hot and humid here and I was drenched after being out doing a few errands.

Stay cool and hydrate!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

I didn't even know there were blue poppies. What beauties!