Monday, June 06, 2011

Splash and Splatter Fall Landscape

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

This is another from the archives ... something bright and vivid and a bit wild for a slow Monday morning... perhaps it'll help wake me up! LOL

Yesterday was a flurry of readying for company next week, a bit of garden chores and readying for another festival - there's been a mere smidge of time to paint and finish a work and next weekend is full as well. It seems the summer is flying by as quickly as the spring ...

We're expecting power outages at work today because of work being done throughout the town ... I expect all will be restored by tomorrow ...

Hope your day is terrific!

PLEASE VOTE!
http://www.communitiestakeroot.com/Plant/Index/439?brand=0

5 comments:

Teri said...

It's a wonderful waker-er-upper. Love these colors.

Lorraine said...

WOW. Yes, it does indeed wake me up, more than the coffee!! I love love love the splashy effect, the bright colors, and the dark trees against those vibrant colors. You know how I love abstracts and this fits the bill for me -- realistic trees but that wonderful happy free background.

Sorry life has been so hectic. Maybe having no power today will let you chill a bit and catch up from the hectic weekend.

Big hugs,
Lorraine

Joan Tavolott said...

This is a definite wake-up call!! Great colors. I love the pale poppies below this one. I don't think I've ever seen them that color.

Hope things calm down. Enjoy!!

Timaree said...

I love this! I think it's a great crossover of abstract and not. Love the colors too.

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Wow Lin, love it, magnificent colors. You hang in there. I know how difficult it can get.

All the best to you,
Joan