Friday, April 29, 2011

Fields of Buttercups















1/8 Sheet

Arches140#CP


We made it through another round of storms, but had to leave our mobile unit office during the highest winds since we've already sustained damage from falling trees. Fortunately all turned out okay ... but my heart and prayers go out to the folks in the midwest whose homes, jobs and lives were lost to this same storm system. It has certainly been a difficult spring.


I am still experiencing problems logging into FLICKR ... and have written the technicians there twice with no answer. Our IT folks checked the issue from our end and it appears there is a problem on Flickr's end ... so while everyone points fingers at the other, I still can't log in ... I hope I can do so once I get home, but at this rate, we'll see.


Despite the storm, those generous and courageous Plant a Row for the Hungry volunteers harvested our first crop yesterday and donated 9.14 pounds of strawberries, green beans, radishes, lettuce, kale, chard and mustard to the Interfaith Food Shuttle! These volunteers are simply amazing!


Today I teach about small scale gardens at the Farmers Market, then prepare for the Art Show tonight. I'll have two of my works on display -- fingers crossed!


Hope to catch up with everyone as soon as I can. You can't imagine how frustrating these technical difficulties can be!


Stay well!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Lovely painting Lin. So soft and gentle and serene. I was able to "enlarge" your painting by clicking on it so I guess that means I hooked into Flickr. I imagine all the storms around the country are playing havoc with our computer systems. The enlarged view is even more lovely -- all the little details can be seen.

Glad you had a bumper crop to share despite the recent weather and that you are all safe after yet another system. These storms keep getting larger, more frequent, and more destructive. Mother Nature is angry with someone!

Keeping my fingers crossed about your art at the show.
Big hugs,
Lorraine