Saturday, February 26, 2011

Snowdrops in Snowy Bright Moonlight

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP
Watercolor, Ink

Bill offered another floral watercolor challenge (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lorus_maver/5461733048/ ) - this time snowdrops. There have been so many incredibly beautiful interpretations of his photograph, so I thought I'd add something a bit different -- snowdrops in a bit of snow on a bright, moonlit evening .... I used white India ink to outline and highlight the tiny snowdrops and snow, and covered the background in a splash of watercolors...

Our temps cool today after yesterday morning's rain, and we've a few more chores to accomplish.

I hope you have a terrific weekend!

3 comments:

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

WOW! Lin, this is one outstanding painting. I love the white india ink outline. Your colors as usual are brilliant. Great Work!

Teri said...

Now I have another new fav of yours! This is just awesome!!!

Lorraine said...

Oh this is extraordinary Lin. I love the contrast of the dark colors with the white India ink. What a great idea. The flowers just leap off the page and the background is incredible. I especially like the way you have faded the painting off to the right. BRAVO.
Big hugs,
Lorraine