Friday, January 07, 2011

View from Sunken Meadow Woodland Trail

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

I've returned to our Thanksgiving trip to New York to visit family - and to the long hike I took with my sisters. Here is another painting of that Sunken Meadow Trail overlook .... I sent my earlier painting to one sister, and this to my other sis .... and I"ve kept the sand dune painting ...special memories of a wonderful trip and time.

We finished hanging my exhibit earlier this week, and I'll return next week to take some photographs. It really is amazing to me how different these paintings look when 'dressed up' with mats and frames and hung from a textured wall ...!

Hope you have fun today ... stay warm -- it's getting very cold again ...

3 comments:

Joan said...

You captured Sunken Meadow so well in this one and the other paintings you did of the area. Your sisters must love having the paintings!

It is always amazing to me how much more impressive paintings are when they are framed and hanging up on a wall to be viewed...like they're in their Sunday finest.

Have a great day. Our skies are blue, but the forecast is for snow. I have my camera and journal ready.

Lorraine said...

Lovely Lin and what lovely memories. Your sisters will have something very special and beautiful to remember your visit -- in addition to you of course!

Snow on the ground here but not a lot -- just enough to be a bother. A good day to stay in and play.
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Such a beautiful painting. I think the memories make it even more beautiful! Lucky sisters of yours.