Saturday, January 15, 2011

Frosty Sunset - Inspired by TVG

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

My thanks to TVG (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tvg_foto/) for permission to use his wonderful Frosty Evening photographs as an inspiration for this painting. THANK YOU!!!!

In my interpretation of TVG's wonderful winter photos, I lowered the horizon, emphasized the sun's glow on the snow as well as the branches and twigs on the rightside of the painting in lieu of a large tree. His photographs reminded me so much of my own Oxford mornings - but filled with the warmth and color of the sunsets I love. Once again -- THANK YOU TVG!

Our snows are gone, but here and there, particularly on the east side of our property, ice still lingers in chunks. When the sun hits it, it glitters .... but since it's been so mighty cold, does little to aid its melting. We're due for a few days of moderate temperatures - and they sure will be welcome!

We've had home repairs done yesterday and today we'll be watching the grands until late tomorrow. My painting and internet time will be limited -- so I hope to catch up tomorrow night. Hope your weekend is warm and wonderful!

3 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

Lin,

Your paintings are always an inspiration, but I had to take the time to leave a comment on this one.

It is wonderful, radiant; I can almost feel the glow of the sunset.

Thanks,

xoxo

Teri said...

Glorious colors and love the sun reflecting on the snow.

Lorraine said...

Glorious color!!! And such lovely trees and bushes against the snow and sunset.
Outstanding.
Big hugs,
Lorraine