Sunday, December 19, 2010

Inspired by Christmas Roses - Splash and Splatter

Daily Practice
Journal Size

Snow dusted the treetops last night giving everything a powered sugar, fairyland look. It won't be around long - already the water in the kitties dish is melted, and patches of ground can be seen poking through the ice that remains from earlier in the week. But to awaken to a white confection --- Wow!

I wanted to practice a bit of splash and splatter in the busyness of holiday preparations. I kept the colors on the earth-toned side for a winter look with splatters of white for snow.

We are almost done running errands, but there's much cooking and wrapping to do. Somehow, holidays are not quite as restive as we think they might be! LOL

Stay warm today!!

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

WOW; positively gorgeous. Your splash and spatter paintings are always unique and gorgeous and this one is exceptionally so. I love the details of the flowers. Did you do a lot of negative painting; did the roses just appear; tell all. I'd love to know how you created this one.

Glad you had your dusting of fairy snow. Want some of our ice LOL.
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Just gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

I left a comment on Frlicktroom, but because I'm never there, I don't know whether it went throuhg(forgot my yahoo nr)...love your hellebores, Lin!
Ronell

Joan said...

Oh, Lin, this is beautiful!!! You have really mastered the splash and splatter!!! The roses look so well done. I love the blue vase below...just the simplicity of the single color makes it really stand out.

Glad you've been getting a bit of snow to turn everything into a fairyland. No snow here in GA, but I had to scrape frost off the windshield of my car this morning. I'm heading to bed now. Hope your day was great today and tomorrow is even better.

Alicia said...

this is lovely