Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Still Dreaming


Still Dreaming
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal Size

We left early yesterday morning and got caught in a TON of traffic making our trip to Karlyn's workshop a bit longer - almost 90 plus minutes. But we found the building, and as ususal, Karlyn was already preparing for class, giving the early attendents a few pointers. Cheerful, enthusiastic, eager to begin, Karlyn, no matter day or night, weary or alert - can always be counted on to smile and create an atmosphere of FUN, creativity, and delight!

After reviewing some new ideas she's working on, we jumped into the day by working on abstract landscapes -- a far different approach than this simple one I did last week .. Discussions included elements of design, abstraction, texturing methods. We were working on a half sheet of watercolor paper - and we were all arm-deep in wet paint! Hair dryers and participants tried to keep pace with Karlyn's instructions --- but despite all my attempts, I brought the painting home to finish -- and adjust.

I find concentrating at workshops a bit challenging --- you're absorbing so much new information, trying to apply it, watch other folks, think thru ideas ... it takes me longer these days to do all this at once! LOL

Lorraine and I worked late into the night trying to get to a stopping point - so I'll post mine once it's closer to 'done.' I LOVED the ideas ... and I wish I had another week to process them before heading back to work next Monday -- sigh ...

Today we work on flowers ... and knowing that traffic awaits, we'll be leaving before too long.

I'll try to catch up as I can -- but oh, is it a busy, fun time!

Have a great day!

PS - Carol, Karlyn says HI!!

1 comment:

Joan said...

Lin - This is lovely, but I am in awe of the night one below!!! Wow! Glad you are enjoying the workshop. I can't wait to see what you paint.

I am in route to Kansas...almost 2/3 of the way there. I have done a quick outdoor sketch by the hotel yesterday and today. I have to take photos to post them...maybe later.


Have a wonderful time at the class and paint, paint, paint!