Saturday, September 18, 2010

Inspired by Fall Grapes


Inspired by Fall Grapes
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal Size

To say that I have been inspired by grapes would be an understatement these days .... This is my fourth grape painting, and I'm working on another, I have one left to post and I have posted how many this season? LOL Ok, I'll just call it a 'series' -- much like Monet's water lilies ... well, ok, obsession --- that will work too! LOL

Jodi and I enjoyed a good morning and delicious lunch yesterday, though I have to admit my painting(s) didn't work out well and I plan to paint again a special cluster of flowers that I was asked to do for the Arboretum ... I hate those times when the water and paint just won't 'flow' .... but I'll play a bit with other subjects and eventually ease into that flower painting when the muse decides to pay a longer visit.

No rain still .... so we'll be back watering the garden and fruit trees. I also plan a 'drive and snap' few hours. The sky has been absolutely stupendous with the most amazing cloud formations, and yep, hay is in the fields, as well as all manner of fall wildflowers. Our landscapes are still in the 'turning' stage, but here and there I spot a flame of color in two or three trees (again early coloring and leaf drop because of the drought), and so I'd like to snap a few photos before those leaves leave those trees bare.

All and all, it should be a relaxing day -- hope yours is too!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

WOW; another incredible painting Lin. The leaves, the grapes, the two playing off each other -- the colors -- yummy. If your muse was away during this one, I can't imagine what your paintings will be like when she arrives again!!

Enjoy your day snapping and driving. It looks like another hot dry day here too but that is good as it's our C4L Litter pickup day on our 2+ miles of designated roadway. And after that food -- always food -- but by then I'm sure the raspberry iced tea will be most welcome.
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

I love the splashy fall colors in this!!!! I can just imagine the series hanging together. Super job!

Have a great weekend!

Teri said...

Isn't it amazing what happens when something inspires us so. This is another 'grape beauty'!