Sunday, September 05, 2010

Field of Queen Annes Lace and Chickory Flowers (Crop)

Daily Practice
(Cropped Version)

A very early cat-fight woke me this morning, and so unable to return to sleep, I thought I'd get an early start to the day.

I think I like the cropped version of this field a bit better than the landscape version. It was painted from a photo I took while visiting my friend, Lorraine in KY.

The weekend, finally, has been cooler -- and last evening when C and I went for a walk just before sundown, cool enough for me to wear a sweatshirt!! LOL -- almost 30 degrees lower than we've had almost all summer ...! WONDERFUL!

I managed to get the front garden pruned back and watered - then spent the day relaxing and painting a bit. Today will be much of the same ....

Hope you are enjoying the weekend!

3 comments:

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Enjoy your day painting... can't wait to see what you do. Really lovely blue flowers in this one.

Lorraine said...

Well of course I love them both! I really like the way the white and blue play against the dark of the the QA's lace and the soft fall and green colors.

We are enjoying cooler weather also and it's heavenly but oh why does it also bring those pesky allergies with it???

Have fun painting today. I'm hoping to do a bit myself.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

I agree, I love the cropped version best. Beautiful colors.