Thursday, August 05, 2010

Sunflowers in Pot


Sunflowers in Pot
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal Size

I'm an early riser, and when at Lorraine's I'd sometimes put the coffee on, return to my room and paint a bit before the household rose for the day. These sunflowers were the result of that early morning splashing.

Mercy did we have a storm last night -- rain, thunder, lightning that was startling in its intensity. I'll have to pick up the tomato cages this morning after all that wind ... whew ... and we are in for another scorcher -- a heat index of over 105F ... gracious!

Stay cool everyone .....!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Yes you accomplish more before I ever get up than I do all day!!! This one turned out great Lin -- the colors and contrast are gorgeous. It's such a happy painting -- just jumping off the page at you. Oh but for twice the time so you could teach me more!

Still terribly hot here too and no rain yet. Stay cool and safe in this heat.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Yikes on the heat index!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, on the beauty painting!