Friday, March 12, 2010

More Rain - My Drive Home


More Rain - My Drive Home
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Memory Painting
Journal
Fast and Furious

The rain has us socked in ... and my normal 90 minute drive took over two hours in the darkness, fog and heavy downpours yesterday. This is the view I saw as I snaked my way north and before total darkness made it impossible to see anything but headlights.

The rain will continue for the next few days, and the warm weather will once again cool by next week.

Still, our volunteers yesterday planted 75 strawberries, some outdoors, some in hanging bags, some in pots and baskets, and next month they'll be able to transplant their greenhouse vegetables into the waiting raised beds. We'll begin working on garden bed design next week.

In the meantime, it'll be a day indoors, appointments with repair folks and chores.... Hope your day is sunny and bright!

3 comments:

Joan said...

That darkening sky is wonderful...love the colors in this. Sorry about your long drive in the rain. That is what is forecasted for us here over the weekend. Luckily I have lots of art pieces to work on indoors.

Have a great weekend!

Lorraine said...

Ooh, so brooding and stormy looking. Great job!

Whew, I hate driving in weather like that. I can't see much at all. Glad you had a safe, if long, trip home.

We too are in for more thunder storms and lots of rain for the next few days. Sounds like it's all over the states. Glad it's not snow!
Hugs and Happy Weekend,
Lorraine

caseytoussaint said...

Wow, what a gorgeous landscape!