Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Amy's Houseplant


Amy's Houseplant
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

I painted this several months ago. The houseplant belongs to my friend and though the vase isn't anything special, I really liked the way the leaves and highlights came out. She had a gorgeous, incredibly fragrant bouquet of spring flowers on the table last night, but I just couldn't focus enough to sketch it well, let alone paint it .... hate days like that! LOL

Today we've back-to-back meetings, and grey skies and cold temps again.... this see-saw of temperatures, sunshine and rain sure has my sinuses acting up!

Hope your day is wonderful!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Well you made the vase special! And the leaves on the plant are perfect!

I'm sorry this is such a tough week and hope that you can get in a bit of rest today and even more this evening. Those meetings wear one out.

Same weather here; so dreary; I'm sniffling too.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

I like the look of the vase and the snake plant!!! Hope things calm down a bit for you.

WE HAVE SUNSHINE TODY!!! It is so nice. I guess we lucked out from the storm this weekend. I know quite a few people who are still without power.