Saturday, January 02, 2010

Tulips - Goals for 2010


Tulips - Goals for 2010
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Goals for 2010:

* Work more expressively
* Leave more white space
* Retain looser look - more wet in wet
* Add people to my landscapes
* Learn new techniques

I have been extremely influenced by the work of Heather Withers (http://www.heatherwithers.com/) and hope to learn more of how she achieves such light in her work.

This is my second attempt and I like it better than my first.

I've not quite achieved that 'flow' I'm hunting for -- but I think I'm getting closer.

I return to work on Monday which means experimentation will have to wait until weekends -- and those weekends I"m not working ...but I look forward to seeing how these new ideas will influence my own paintings.

It's turned bitter cold here .. and we've a week of frigid weather ... mercy, if it's going to be so cold, let it snow! Meanwhile, I'll warm myself with spring and summer flowers ... and look for snowflakes!

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Well I like them both, a lot. They are very different in style and the first one looks more representational and the second one, soft yet realistic. Good going with your new challenge to yourself.

Very frigid here too. I'm heating the cats beds a.m. and p.m. now and those big flakes are lightly coming down!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Connie said...

I LOVE them both! The light areas are beautiful and the greens are perfect!

Joan said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, LIN!!!

Beautiful!!!! I love the softness of this! It makes it feel like spring looking at this, and right now it is snowing up here again! lol You have a lot of good goals for the year!

Teri said...

It is just stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOWZERS!