Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Mushrooms in the Forest


Mushrooms in the Forest
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

It was a long day of sitting yesterday. Good conference, but sitting that long, even in a bright room with windows, tends to dull the senses and numb the body. By the time I got home, had dinner, fed the cats, my mind was as numb as I felt and painting was a struggle. I did this simple scene 3 times and still find it a bit too dark for my liking ...but I do love the fairytale quality of the mushrooms .... with the rains we've had and more in the forecast, I'm beginning to see so many of these pop up throughout my property.

Back to the conference today. The density of yesterday's fog will be repeated this morning. I tried to photograph a bit of the morning's fog before I left the driveway -- the only thing I captured was deep, wet mist! LOL

Hope your day is grand!

5 comments:

Teri said...

You know Lin, mushrooms do like to grow in a dark moist place so I think the dark is perfect.

Lorraine said...

Yes the mushies have a whimsical feel to them but they are rendered beautifully. Is there nothing you can't paint now??? I am continually impressed with your abilities.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Ivona Hrvatin said...

It is a fairytale like painting. Very nice. Beautiful palette.

Joan said...

I love the lights on the edge of the mushrooms. It adds to their magical look!!!

caseytoussaint said...

Beautiful! I love the way they come out of the dark!