Saturday, December 05, 2009

Full Moon Night


Full Moon Night
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

I just couldn't get that full moon out of my mind yesterday and just HAD to try to paint it. It took several attempts to come close to what I 'think' I saw ...and I'd like to try several more 'night' scenes. I love sunrises and sunsets, and there's a certain wonder I feel when I watch a moon rise up from the earth's rim, through the wispy bare branches of my trees, and take it's place among the stars. Capturing that 'magic' is going to be interesting! LOL

It's raining already, and the cats have been nestled in their bed on the porch. Pre-op chores are done and today it's working on holiday decorations and preparations. I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around Christmas being mere weeks away!

Stay dry today -- and warm! If it's going to be another grey, cold day, I'm wishing for SNOW!

6 comments:

Connie said...

I love it! The moon was HUGE! And you nailed it!

wagonized said...

Gorgeous work, Lin! There is an abstract quality to this which works really well.

Teri said...

You have totally captured that moonlit night!!! Beautiful!

Lorraine said...

Just beautiful Lin. I love the brilliance of the moon over the brooding dark trees. I didn't get to comment on your other dark painting a few days ago. They are both quite different for you and I love them as much as your others.
Hugs,
Lorraine

annie said...

Amazing is all I can say. You have left me moonstruck. On so many walks like this I have wanted to capture the night but thought it was impossible.
annie

Joan said...

This has such a misty, eerie feel to it. Beautiful!!