Thursday, October 08, 2009

Through the Hedgerow Thicket

Daily Practice

Ever gaze at a scene through a thicket of fall berries? That's what this scene reminded me of - those times one stops to peer through the roadside vegetation to see the fields and trees beyond.

I painted this from a photo reference - but it could have easily been from a roadside where I live. Right now, the berries of roses, smilax, sumac, grapes and others are entangled among the grasses and trees - much like this.

I LOVE these kinds of views -- nature abandoned to do what she does best - and always a surprise of her beauty and spontaneity!

Thank you for your well wishes -- I'm feel much better today and hope you stay well too!

We've an all-day 'professional development' session today, and I've a talk to give -- so I'm off to shorten my talk a bit ....my boss tells me I tend to 'go on' about subjects I like! LOL

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous; gorgeous; gorgeous!
I love those dark red berries and I love that type of scene; your sky is also beautiful.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Pat said...

I love visiting and finding such lovely art work. I am glad you are feeling better and looking forward to your autumn color.
Hugs
Pat

Teri said...

It is beauteous Lin. That red just is awesome.