Saturday, September 26, 2009

September Foggy Mornings


September Foggy Mornings
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice

This is the view I have found each morning this week as I wended my way to work. Today, the rain is still with us, the fog fairly thick, and the sun as I leave for the office before 6 am, is considering making its way over the horizon. Bits of trees can be viewed in shades of blue, green, brown -- all slightly tinged by earliest light ... It's September in North Carolina.

Temperatures fluctuate from the 50sF to the 90sF, colors are kissing the foliage, and days grow shorter. Farmers markets are already bringing in colorful pumpkins and corn, and the mums and pansies are making their fall debut ...

I just LOVE this time of year!

We're in for more rain, but we've some running around to do. We'll wait for the fog to lift before venturing out, but my eyes will be peeled for those wonderfully warm colors of the season.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely painting -- so early mountain morning! You did terrific job with this and I love it.
Hugs and hope you have a restful weekend with lots of time to paint.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Pat said...

Wow this is terrific. Your description of the weather is just like California except for the part about the 50's and rain. I love this painting. Did I say that already? It deserves to be repeated.

Connie said...

Lin - I love this one! Makes me want to get outside and paint with my friend again.

Dana said...

I love foggy mornings and what a great job you did capturing it in this painting. I will be glad when all of this rain is gone for a while.

Ivona Hrvatin said...

Beatiful, Lin! Very mystical...

Hugs from the old continent...

Linda said...

Lin, I love the wet-in-wet approach for this painting -- you've captured our mountain mists perfectly!