Sunday, September 06, 2009

Canna Leaves


Canna Leaves
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice

The blooms on the cannas are about gone, but those enormous, magnificently colored leaves remain a while longer. When the sunlight shines through them, they turn an incredible blend of yellow, chartruse, blue, wine .... I'm not crazy about the flowers, but the leaves ... well, that's another story!

A busy day yesterday. The demo at Jerry's was fun -- it's always interesting to see how other artists approach their work.

We finally picked our muscadine grapes and rendered those into jelly -- really good --- different than store-bought grape - the muscadine is almost sweet/tart in flavor - and the color reminds me of burgandy wine. My jelly closet is bulging and we haven't gotten to the persimmons yet this year! LOL

Temps have risen a bit again, sitting in the high 80s. Humidity is back, too. I suppose summer isn't quite done with us. Still, the changing light and the yellow leaves forewarn us that there isn't much left to the summer season. Hopefully, we'll finish the chores and get out in it a bit today ...Hope you do too!

4 comments:

Connie said...

Love the greens! Next time we manage time together, you have to tutor me on how you do it.

The weather IS beautiful right now and I hope we both get outside to enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Oh the leaves are gorgeous. I am so impressed with the various colors Lin! Glad you enjoyed the demo.

I saw some beautiful ribbon at Michaels and it had blue and orange leaves. But I didn't buy it because I thought people would think: Blue Leaves????? So now I can buy and use with impunity!!!
Hugs,
Lorraine

caseytoussaint said...

Those are lovely! Did you use sepia ink?

Joan said...

Super job on these leaves!!! I love how they glow with color!!