Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Sundown over the Sea Oats


Sundown over the Sea Oats
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

My workday ended very late last evening and so I arrived at the B&B pretty tired. I splashed around a bit of paint with unsuccessful results, and hoped that today was much shorter.

This was sketched from a photo reference over the weekend, and to me represents all that I love about the beach ... beautiful wide open skies, the dancing of sea oats, the sandy dunes.... Though I didn't paint them in, a few sea gull would be nice as I 'hear' them whenever I think of the ocean. And oh, can I smell that salt air!

Our rain has stopped and we're expecting hot temperatures again. The weeds are having their way again - encouraged by the rain and the humidity ... sigh. Sure makes me wonder WHY we just don't ENJOY them instead of trying to control the nuisances! LOL (Don't let my green industry members hear me even THINK that! LOL)

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Teri said...

Wow, this is just stunning Lin!!!

caseytoussaint said...

I can feel the breeze - this is really lovely, Lin, and I wish I were at thay beach right now!

squawmama said...

Just Beautiful Lin, Loved it! I know where your rain went... Right here.

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Anonymous said...

The sky is so beautiful on this one Lin and the sea oats add just the right foreground. Lovely and soft.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

Lin - WONDERFUL SUNSET!!! You captured the beach feel perfectly!!! You made us sense the rustle of the sea oats and the background cries of the gulls. Super color!!!