Sunday, July 05, 2009

Peaches


Peaches
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

I hope everyone had a grand 4th yesterday! Ours was filled with chores - we put in a walkway, put up 2 batches of peach jam, made patty pan lasagna from our harvest of squash, picked some blueberries, etc. etc. A good day, but both of us are mighty tired and sore today!

I got this sketch done in between things, but I want to give it another go trying to use some of the things I've been studying and trying to loosen us some of the washes. I got carried away with trying to get the skins on the peaches to 'look' like fuzzy skin - and I missed getting the juiciness of the cut fruit ... oh well, try again today! I've another 1/4 bushel to render before the day ends ...! LOL

Hope you have a 'peachy' day today! We're hoping for some of those 'spotty' showers to find their way to our garden today ....!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh these look good enough to eat and exactly like the ones on my counter. I had cheerios this morning with peaches and blueberries. Yum.
I think you did a great job in all areas.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

These do look yummy!!! I find I often try to be too realistic in painting things and going for the "fuzz" too. This is nice, but the looser one above does have more life to it.