Sunday, July 05, 2009

Loose Peach


Loose Peach
Originally uploaded by linfrye
ournal
Practicing Looseness

After I uploaded the sketch from yesterday, I knew I just had to practice that looseness again. I sat down after breakfast, and in 10 minutes did this one quick rendition without pencil. Perhaps, as others have said before, doing things more than once helps - the first couple of attempts to figure out the shadings and shapes, and the last few times, rendering the image as you'd like.

Your thoughts?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you know I love your detailed paintings -- I think that's what you do best but I also like this one as it is very "representative" and no way would I get it confused with anything but a peach. So, you "done good girl" on both paintings!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

I love the reflections! They are fabulous. well the peaches are also :)

Joan said...

The peach is nice and loose, but I love that shading and reflection under it!!!!