Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Coreopsis


Coreopsis
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Journal
Flowers
Coreopsis

I got to the B&B last night close to 8 pm -- a full 12-hour day .... we're in the throes of so much planning and deadlines, that these extra-long, tiring days will continue for a while.

Rebecca was out, and so I snipped a couple of flowers from her incredible garden to sketch before I fell into bed. These delightful orange-yellow plants were dancing in the cooling evening ... and I only wish I had the energy to join them!!! LOL

Today, we're off to collect additional data for our files, and continue the arduous process of planning and getting things finished for summer session and planning for the fall and winter.

GEEZ .. I thought summer was supposed to be a quiet time! LOL

3 comments:

Teri said...

I love those coreopsis, they are so delicate and daisy-like lol.

Anonymous said...

Oh your flower paintings are always so gorgeous and this is no exception. Love the spatters in the background -- nice touch.

Sorry things are so hectic for you, especially in this heat. But no, I think it's the winter season we are supposed to slow down LOL.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

This look like they're dancing!!! I like the splatters that make it look light and summery!