Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Morning Glories


Morning Glories
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice

Yahoo -- the battery started and I made my way back to work ...and work it was. Paperwork greeted me as I elbowed my way to my desk, and somehow, all those piles of sheaves kept multiplying each time I moved a piece or two .... eeeks. But by 5:30, I had plowed enough of my desk to plant some NEW papers in the cleared space. LOL The battle was won but the war continues!

Back to daily practice, though I spent entirely too long on these flowers last night. I got into the rhythm of negative painting trying too hard to make those flowers work better ... ah well ... a good practice session that was pretty relaxing after a tiring day.

Temps are changing yet again. We have one more day of warmish (60s?) weather -- then back to the 40s and some much needed rain.

The flowers at the Arboretum are all abloom. To see some of our activities, classes, bulbs, and the signs of spring, click here:

http://www.johnstoncc.edu/arboretum/photogallery.aspx

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lin the "glories" are lovely and so detailed -- just perfect! You obviously did feel up to the challenge last night! And I looked at the arboretum flowers -- glorious. Yup, we too are in for a week of 40s and low 50's and rain -- it's the typical spring see-saw weather.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

Lin - Nice negative painting of the leaves and lovely color to the morning glories!!!

Anonymous said...

It sure is nice to come back and still find you sparkle through your art Lin!! these morning glories are doing just that...sparkling. Pretty soon I'll see them in my garden with dewdrops. Can't wait. I hope summer decided to linger longer this year.
ronell

Anonymous said...

Ahhh to be somewhere where spring has arrived. How nice to see some fresh flowers!