Sunday, March 08, 2009

Birches and Pond


Birches and Pond
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Spring ... and daylight savings time. Already I'm behind an hour with the new time change, and after a long day in the car yesterday, mentally behind as well ...

Still, I left the upstairs windows open to awaken to the sounds of birds singing and spring acomin'! Temps are supposed to be in the 80s!!! today -- remember Monday? It was below 20F -- 6 days later -- 80? Mercy .. no wonder folks are sporting colds!

River Dance was all I remembered and more! Our children chose excellent seats and we could even watch the percussionist perform his own magic along with the singers and dancers. I was so ready for toe-tapping myself! LOL Excellent performance! The wind instruments were haunting as always -- but the percussion of those taps and high-flying legs -- mesmerizing!

I painted this last weekend trying to anticipate a bit of spring with snow in the forecast ... LOL I managed to sketch a bit during the long drive, but sketching in a moving vehicle is a challenge and I didn't risk the paints! LOL

Today, C has his jam at the house, and I plan to see if Ms. Muse will bless me out of doors for a bit of plein air.

Have a great Sunday!

3 comments:

Teri said...

So lovely and springy! I love Riverdance also and see it every chance I get.

Anonymous said...

Once again, an overall gorgeous painting but what takes my heart are the white birches in the foreground. Excellent!!! Glad you had such a terrific time at River Dance. They are incredible. I've seen them on KET. I rewatched the old Roy Orbison concert on KET last night. Just love that!
Have a restful day painting outside.
Hugs,
Lorraine

wagonized said...

Beautiful work, yet again!