Thursday, February 26, 2009

Shack Redeaux


Shack Redeaux
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice

I painted this a week or so ago working on some variations of techniques trying for a looser approach and value patterns. Looking at it today, I'm not so sure it worked -- but the loose part is certainly there! LOL

I'll be working from home this week and resting my eyes hourly per doctor's instructions. I'm not sure how much painting I'll be able to get done since my work activities will be slowed down due to sight problems and those dang deadlines are beginning to loom large.

Thank you all for your encouragement and kind comments ... I think this issue will pass quickly if I behave myself -- difficult as it will be! and listen to the doctor! LOL

5 comments:

Teresa said...

What a gorgeous gathering of greens!

mARTa said...

I can sympathize with eye ailments. Take care. Lovely painting here Lin.

Teri said...

Glad to hear you are resting those eyes! Lovely and loose painting.

Joan said...

Definitely rest those eyes so you can paint more beauties like this one!!! Lovely!!!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, it's lovely Lin. I just love the looseness and the stark tree against it.

I am so sorry about your eyes; they are so precious, take good care of them.
Hugs,
Lorraine