Sunday, January 04, 2009

Apulia, Italy - Thank YOU, Gianfranco

I awoke this morning to the sound of rain on the skylights and banging chairs on the porch from the kitties' play jumping on and off the rocking chairs ... ah, the sounds of LIFE!! The cats let me know when they're up and ready to be fed! LOL

It's warmed up somewhat, and the rain will be restive today - the last day of the holidays --- so I was really glad to see it ...

Still, after so much cold and now with the rain, my thoughts turn, as usual, to sunny Italy.

My friend, Gianfranco, offered me the incredible opportunity to paint from one of his awesome photographs. I chose this one from Apulia (see Gianfranco's glorious work - www.flickr.com/photos/gianfrancobudano/3005429153/) ...
And I hope I've done your vision justice, my friend!

Thank YOU, Gianfranco for allowing me the use of your photo -- and more, for transporting me to the land of my dreams ....!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Absolutely gorgeous Lin!!!!

Joan said...

WHAT A FEAST FOR THE EYES!!! I love the poppies in the foreground and the depth going back to the Tuscan house. Wonderful!!! How I wish I could be there!

Teresa said...

Beautiful! Such gorgeous color!