Sunday, October 19, 2008

Oxford Barn, Hebron Rd


Oxford Barn, Hebron Rd
Originally uploaded by linfrye

My company sleeps and the house is quiet for a bit longer. What a joy to see my daugher and her family again! So much to talk about, so much fun watching all three grands playing together -- and how they enjoyed the kittens!!! I don't know who wore out first!

A quick painting done over two days of one of the old barns C and I found on our travels. I am really enjoying our sojourns into the county to find these old barns and trying to capture them before they're all gone!

Have a restful Sunday!

4 comments:

squawmama said...

Beautiful painting... Glad to hear your having such a wonderful time with your daughter and grandkids... we just left ours after spending 2 weeks with them..sad to go...

Hugs,
Donna

Teri said...

Beautiful barn. Enjoy those grands, they grow so darn fast.

Anonymous said...

A friend and I toured all over this part of KY years ago photographing all the covered bridges. I wish I'd saved the photos for you to paint from. Some were so interesting. I also have always loved old barns and houses and this one is really nice. I'm glad you are preserving them in your own way! Lovely.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Ivona Hrvatin said...

I like the motive. A beautiful, quiet place. Needless to say I adore how you painted the trees - I always do. I think you did a great job on the 'walls' and the main roof of this barn.