Friday, September 05, 2008

Oxford Tobacco Barn at Sunrise

I'm still playing with different lighting affects -- sunrise, skies, shadings ...

This tobacco barn is from a series of photographs taken during a 'sketch material search' my husband and I took a few months ago throughout rural Granville County. I've 'played' a bit with the lighting and sky trying for a different 'feel' as I continue my experimentations.

This morning's chores will find me securing the remaining objects still outdoors. Though the earlier predictions for Hannah's landfall in North Carolina have been downgraded in severity, here in my county, we are still expecting significant winds and rain. We're making full preparations nonetheless in case forecasters miss the mark.

Meanwhile, Hurricane Ike, a far fiercer storm, is another threat we're all keeping our eyes upon (http://www.wral.com/weather/hurricanes/page/1451614/?m=atl&p=8hrloop). And Josephine is right behind him ... busy time in the tropics this month.

Kittens have grown so much since Monday! LOL Now to find them shelter from the rain and HOPE Boots will approve of a move ...

Stay safe ...

3 comments:

Teri said...

Beautiful and peaceful. Now if your weather would only be peaceful!

Joan said...

I love the sunrise glow in this!!! Definitely a peaceful piece.

Anonymous said...

Oh this looks so much like places here in KY. What a great job you've done with depth and I love your "loose" trees.
Hugs,
Lorraine