Friday, July 11, 2008

Roadside


Roadside
Originally uploaded by linfrye
The other week my husband and I went for a 'country' drive looking for areas of wildflowers that I might want to photograph for painting later.

We found this roadside area brimming with Queen Anne's Lace and wild grasses, and I loved their softness against the wooden posts and barbed wires. One would think in these challenging times of high gas prices, the roadside mowing would be lessened -- but it was really difficult to find many areas left to the wildlife!

It'll be a busy day and weekend -- I have the grands today, a paint-out tomorrow and C's music group on Sunday .... I hope everyone has a great day!

8 comments:

Teresa said...

Lin that's GORGEOUS!! Love the soft focus background behind the detailed posts and flowers.

I'm off to the art store today to browse and pick up a few more colored pencils... what fun!

Joan said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! A perfect painting! Did you use masking to keep the white flowers? I love this one!

Teri said...

Your landscapes keep getting better and better! This isi just gorgeous!

Marc said...

Love the painting.

As for mowing -- even with the gas prices, animal feed is even higher and everything is getting mowed.

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Awesome!
hugs, chris

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so lovely and brings back memories of my youth in Vermont. Mowing wasn't such a priority then!! I especially love the detail in the front against that gorgeous soft background. BRAVO on this one!!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Ivona Hrvatin said...

I could look at this forever!
Lin, you are becoming a master.
Amazing!!!

Marilyn said...

Love the play of rustic fence posts and airy Queen Anne's Lace