Thursday, July 10, 2008

Playful Grapes


Playful Grapes
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Just a switch in gears for a bit -- thought I'd try some playful grapes.

Grapes and wine production are becoming popular alternatives to tobacco production here in NC ... but I can't help but dream of Italy whenever I think 'grape!'

We've had rain all week -- a bit more and we'll be out of 'drought' status! YAHOO! The rains are plumping up our tomatoes, vegetables of all kinds, and yes -- those North Carolina grapes!

8 comments:

Robyn Sinclair said...

Beautiful, playful grapes, Lin. The Italian grapes don't have your grogeous colours yet.

Teresa said...

Hi Lin,

As usual, your choice of colors is spectacular! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

LOL, I love the title: playful grapes. I can just see them romping around in the rain while everyone sleeps! Nice colors!!! They look delicious!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Tami said...

Beautifully loose and colorful! So much of our ag land is being turned into vineyards, I wonder sometimes if the plan is to just drink instead of eat! LOL Glad you're getting your needed rains!

Joan said...

We have so many wineries out here on LI, but I still think of Tuscany when I think of grapes. These look nice and ripe...PERFECT color on these. I want to reach out and grab a handfull!!

Teri said...

These are just wonderful Lin. Your shadows just make them jump off the page!

Deb said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors and style!!!

Ivona Hrvatin said...

Beautiful vivid colours... you are making justice to this inviting fruit. And I like the way you painted the folliage as well. Nice one.