Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving - Chestnuts


Happy Thanksgiving - Chestnuts
Originally uploaded by linfrye
A Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving to all!!

One of our traditions of the season is to roast chestnuts in the oven (no fireplace!) and eat them as dessert after our turkey dinner. One of mom's neighbors generously shared some she had purchaed .... I roasted them last night and we'll enjoy them as a dessert and as a tribute to family traditions!

For those near and far from family and friends, my son-in-law overseas, my daughter and her family, my son and his -- may we give thanks for the many, many gifts we've been given, the precious lives that are ours and for those who share theirs with us, friends that so generously support and uplift us, the things that give meaning to our existence, work, pleasure, art, the glorious natural world we share, the gift of freedom, abundance, our senses, and mostly for the gift of love that graces all our lives ....

We are blessed in so many ways -- may we give abundant thanks in return ...

6 comments:

Lorraine said...

What a lovely painting and even more wonderful writing.
Thank you for sharing your heartfelt thoughts and beautiful artwork with us every day. I am very thankful for friends like you.
Warm hugs,
Lorraine

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Amen.

Happy Thanksgiving Lin.

Teri said...

Happy Thanksgiving Lin, to you and all your loved ones.

Lovely painting and tradition.

mARTa said...

I am thankful today for supportive and encouraging art friends..and you are tops on my list! I should be in the kitchen a cookin' but wanted to stop by and tell you so. Happy Turkey day to you and yours!

Linda said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

a lovely post Lin!
I hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving and I agree with you..life gives us so many blessings. Thank you to you too!
Ronell