Friday, August 10, 2007

Blue Pot and Pink Petunias


Blue Pot and Pink Petunias
Originally uploaded by linfrye
On the way to the Raleigh Farmer's Market (60 miles from our home), I sketched this pot of gernaiums from a photo I took when Sue and I went to Duke Gardens earler this year.

I'd also like to thank everyone for their kind and generous comments on the market photos. I've really enjoyed doing them and especially the lunches and dinners we've made from the veggies!

(The ink and watercolor is a style I love -- and I so hope to continue to learn to improve that.! Thank you all for your encouragement to do so!)

2 comments:

Laureline said...

You drew this while driving?? ;D. I know you're multi-talented, but that's taking it to new levels!
Your ink and wash sketches are so perfectly you. Lovely, Ms. Lin.

Joan Y said...

These petunias made me smile! I loved the way you captured their nature ... I consider them happy flowers and these look wonderfully happy to me. :)